Highlights from the Thoughtcat archives
Please note: the site content is currently not being transferred from archives.thoughtcat.com, and until this migration is complete some of the following links will open in that site (in the same window).
Videos, concert reviews, TV interview transcripts, and the world’s only known Leonard Cohen Name Generator.
Photo-diary of two-week 2003 Interail trip from Paris to Lyon via La Rochelle, Collioure, Dune de Pyla, Arles and more. Includes what has become the top Google image search result for ‘Bordeaux street art’
Thoughtcat talks to the author of The Graduate and, more recently, Home School
Thoughtcat interviewed for Talk of the Town magazine about the 2004 Slickman A4 Quotation Event celebrating Russell Hoban’s words (links to SA4QE site, opens in new window)
Abortive attempt at memoir of old jobs reveals that flipping burgers was no job for a sensitive poet
How books used to look… artwork and blurbs from postwar Book Club editions of popular fiction
If you only had four nouns to describe the most important things in your life, what would they be?
A 2003 journey through favourite sites on artists, writers, musicians, bands and other people and phenomena that made me the cat I am today. Includes a mirror of Private Eye‘s old ‘chaotically unsorted links page’
50,000 words of blog entries from the early days of Thoughtcat. Includes:
- an account of the 2003 London anti-war march
- the curious incident of the painted guitar case
- my wife’s role in my missing teaspoon
- the mystery of the Man with the Thoughtcat in the Palm of his Hand
- an appreciation of Beatles aficionado Ian MacDonald
- a detailed review of The Concert for George (Harrison)
- reflections on a creative writing course at Ty Newydd
- a They Might Be Giants gig review
- and lots more in between